Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wraith (Wraith #1) by Angel Lawson


Wraith
First book in Wraith series
by Angel Lawson

I got this pretty little thing for free from Amazon a year ago, I think. And it has been sitting on my shelf since then. I originally got this only because it was free and I wanted my cloud reader to have books because it made me feel cool like that. 

Anyway, you know that feeling when you just feel like reading a book that's not in your must-read-soon/read-first-before-picking-up-other-books list? Because that's what came over me when I decided to read Wraith. And you know that feeling when you pick up a book and have no idea what you're getting into and then it turns out later that the book is actually really, really good and you want to read the sequel and then the final book but sadly it hasn't been release yet and then you just want to jump up and down while screaming "YAY SELF-PUBLISHED BOOKS!" I didn't really get in to the jumping up and down part but I almost screamed "yay self-published books!" out loud.

Anyway, despite having only 266 pages (accdg. to Goodreads) Angel still managed to cover practically all the aspects of the book very efficiently in a way where nothing fell too short or too fast or too slow. The romance between Jane and Connor developed gradually. The romance between Jane and Connor developed gradually. 266 pages. The romance between Jane and Connor developed gradually. Wut. I need to emphasize that this has 266 pages and it has no fricking insta-love!!

Another thing you would love about Wraith is the characters. The protagonist, Jane, is very easy to like even with her annoying moments. Because of her ability to see ghosts, she is labeled as a freak and an outcast by the whole student population. And Connor? That new student who's troubled and has a bad record and really mysterious? Swoon-worthy. The sexual tension? Fricking sexy too! I know Connor and Jane sounds cliched now but it doesn't matter because this book is REALLY GOOOD.

The only thing that I found a little distracting was how the ghosts seemed like perfectly normal people besides that they're invisible and you can't touch them. They're not the typical scary ones except if they're really scary when they still lived because the ghosts retain their original personality from when they were still living.

I've already read Shadow Bound and dude, I tell you, it it's even better than Wraith! Will write the review as soon as I finish writing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting