Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu

Prodigy
Legend #2
by Marie Lu


A fantastic sequel to the brilliant Legend. I admit the first half dragged and it took me 7 days to get to the other half. But once there, the pace immediately picked up its speed and Prodigy became unputdownable I was able to finish it in one seat. I am really so glad I stuck with it even though the first part was very tricky to get over with. I was considering reading another book but I knew that if I set this aside, I would never be able to finish.

I adored June and Day in Legend. Their complex relationship was one thing that I most anticipated in Prodigy. I so eagerly wanted to know what would become of them what with all those things that happened in Legend. I didn't like that this has a love triangle - or square or even pentagon. It was something I never anticipated coming. Thought it was something Marie included in Prodigy for the lack of ideas. Tess and her uncharacteristic behavior bothered me so much. She was annoying. The jealousy on both June and Day's side were too much so as to be contrived. But nonetheless, they were a really cute couple and it pained me to see what happened to them by the end of the book.

Plot-wise, Marie really did a wonderful job incorporating all those twists. Just when you think that you've got everything together, she will surprise you with more twist and turns until you don't know what to expect anymore and you are left hanging on the edge of your seat wanting to know what's going to happen. Prodigy basically took my breath away countless of times. I swear there were moments where spontaneously stopped breathing BECAUSE IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD.

Needless to say, Prodigy is a wonderful addition to the Legend series with that ending that only tripled my desire to read the last and final book in the series, Champion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting